In an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus and to improve safety for all guests and employees we are requiring masks of all guests on the farm 5 years old and older.
Guidelines from the state of Michigan
We can only contain the virus and keep Michigan open if everyone stays careful and masks up
every time they leave home, whether they feel sick or not. Michiganders are required to wear a
face covering every time they leave their home or place of residence including:
1. In any indoor public space.
2. In outdoor spaces where 6 feet of distancing is not possible.
Bethke Farms requires a mask, especially in the corn maze and in the checkout area.
3. When waiting for or riding public transportation, while in a taxi or rides haring vehicle or other
Can a business refuse service to visitors or customers who are not wearing a face covering?
Yes. Businesses open to the public are required to refuse entry or service to those who decline to
wear a face covering under Executive Order 2020-153.
Are there any exceptions to who must wear a face covering?
Yes. The requirement to wear a face covering does not apply to people who:
• Are younger than five years old, though children two years old and older are strongly
encouraged to wear a face covering; or
• Cannot medically tolerate a face covering such as people who have trouble breathing, are
unconscious, incapacitated or unable to remove the covering without assistance.
A face covering is not required while:
• Eating or drinking while seated at a restaurant or other food service establishment;
• Exercising (indoors or outdoors) if the face covering would interfere in the activity;
• Speaking with someone who is hearing impaired or otherwise disabled and the ability to
see the mouth is essential to communication;
• Officiating a religious service; or
• Giving a speech for broadcast or an audience.
Face coverings may be temporarily removed:
• When entering a business or receiving a service and identification is necessary; or
• While receiving a service where temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to
perform the service.